Jakarta Servlet 6.1 (under development)
Release for Jakarta EE 11
Jakarta Servlet defines a server-side API for handling HTTP requests and responses.
The release removes references to the SecurityManager and provides various small enhancements and clarifications.
New features, enhancements or additions
- Allow control of status code and response body when sending a redirect
- Add a query string attribute to error dispatches
- Add constants for new HTTP status codes
- Add overloaded methods that use
CharSet rather than
ByteBuffer support to
- Various clarifications
Removals, deprecations or backwards incompatible changes
- All references to the SecurityManager and associated APIs have been removed
Minimum Java SE Version
Java SE 11 or higher
The Specification Committee Ballot concluded successfully on 2023-07-26 with the following results.
|Emily Jiang, Tom Watson
|Ed Bratt, Dmitry Kornilov
|Andrew Pielage, Petr Aubrecht
|David Blevins, Jean-Louis Monteiro
|Marcelo Ancelmo, Abraham Marin-Perez
|Scott Stark, Scott Marlow
The ballot was run on the jakarta.ee-spec mailing list